Welcome To The Circle Of Life Coalition
Living with Grief: When Grief is Complicated
Circle of Life Coalition Spring Conference
Friday, May 5, 2017
McGlinn Conference and Spirituality Center 460 Bernardine Street Reading PA 19607
Registration begins at 8:30am Program: 9:00am to 12:15pm
2.5 CEUs available through Hospice Foundation of America
While most people are able to cope with the pain of loss, up to 10 to 20 percent of bereaved persons have more complicated reactions that may impair and impede functioning for a prolonged period of time. This program is designed to assist counselors and others working with bereaved persons understand, assess and assist individuals who may be experiencing such complicated forms of bereavement.
The presentation begins with an overview of contemporary work on complicated grief, then explores interventive strategies to support grievers experiencing complicated forms of grief.
Expert Panelists: KenDoka, PhD, MDiv, Robert Neimeyer, PhD, and Therese Rando, PhD, BCETS, BCBT. Moderated by Frank Sesno.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES: At the conclusion of this webinar, participants will be able to: 1. Describe typical grief patterns and differentiate typical grief from more complicated forms; 2. List and describe both two typologies of complicated grief; 3. List and describe six danger signs of complicated grief; 4. Describe the ways that the DSM 5 acknowledges complications of grief; 5. Describe and discuss different approaches to treating complicated forms of grief and note resources that might be utilized in such treatment.
REGISTRATION IS AVAILABLE at https://www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/0kRS3IfG70wcL83bYns34pa
Early Bird discount, register by April 10 at $20. After April 10, $25. Student rate is $15. CEUs are available through Hospice Foundation of America at additional cost of $18. Questions? Registrar Colleen Kristula, 484-650-3380.
Keep up to date by making sure you have registered your e-mail with us at the box above and to the right. We will never share your e-mail with anyone.
Want To Become A Part Of The Coalition? Join one of our Committees. Whether you’ve got a few hours a month or more, we would love to have you become a part of the Circle of Life Coalition. Learn more by reviewing our individual Committee’s by clicking here or e-mail Margaret Gore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donate to the Coalition: The Circle of Life Coalition welcomes donations to help continue our mission to the community and health care professionals. All donations are tax deductible. Within 2 weeks you will receive a letter from the Coalition indicating your tax deductible status for your tax return. Make a donation today by clicking on the donate button.
Media Coverage – Since January of 2009, the Reading Eagle has published reviews of our monthly seminars and conferences over 17 times. We would like to thank them for their continued support of the Coalition.
1. Specialist in Palliative Medicine Talks about Easing Suffering – January 24, 2017 – Click here to read the article
2. Seeking Evolution in Treatment for Addiction - April 6, 2016 – Click here to read the article.
3. Seeking Death with Dignity – March 16, 2015 - Click here to read the article.
4. Carolyn Quinn – Music For The Journey – January 29, 2013 – Click here to read the article.
5. Rev. David Duquette – A Blue Christmas – December 22, 2012 – Click here to read the article.
7. Dr. Edward Hanna – Mediation for family disagreements that stem from end-of-life issues – February 19, 2012 – Click here to read the article.
8. Barb Bieber – Cancer Challenges and Resources – August Seminar 2011 Click here to read the article.
9. State Of The Coalition – A review of the Coalition’s success and future plans – June 2, 2011 – Click here to read the article.
10. Rev. Joyce Christman – Loss of A Baby – May Seminar 2011 – Click here to read the article.
11. Dr. Edward B. Michalik – Suicide Prevention – March Seminar 2011 – Click here to read the article.
12. Gary R. Hawkins – Technology/Society/Suicide – March 2011 -Eagle Reporter Mary Young – Click here.
13. Jamal Abodalo – From Keening to Quiet Acceptance, Cultural Reactions to Death Vary Greatly – November Conference 2010 - Click here to read the article.
14. Janet A. Hivner/Jay Harris – Organ Donation & You – October Seminar 2010 – Click here to read the article.
15. Lilly Tryon – Berks Parish Nurses In Our Community – April Seminar 2010 – Click here to read the article.
16. Rev. Dr. Gregory Stoddard – Palpable Power of Presence – February Seminar 2010 – Click here to read the article.
17. Dr. Daniel B. Kimball – Universal Healthcare – January Seminar 2010 – Click here to read the article.
18. Domer Leibensperger – Ashes to Ashes – Cremations On The Rise – May Seminar 2009 – Click here to read the article.
19. Dr. Henriette Alban – Near Death Experiences – February Seminar 2012 – Read the article by clicking here.
20. Caroline Baker – The History of Black Funerals – January Seminar 2009 – Click here to read the article.