Welcome To The Circle Of Life Coalition
REGISTER NOW FOR OUR ANNUAL CONFERENCE
Friday, November 6, 2015
The Longest Loss: Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
Registration: 8:00 a.m.
Conference: 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
The McGlinn Conference Center
460 St. Bernardine Street
Reading, PA 19607
EVENT IS FREE
This program is valid for three (3) hours of CE credit. The CE cost, for any professional board, is $15 per person.
Click here for flyer and registration form
REGISTER ON-LINE: click on “Contact Us” tab – in “Subject Line” please put “RSVP for Fall Conference” (Please include NAME, TITLE, ORGANIZATION, ADDRESS, PHONE, & E-MAIL)
October 2015 Seminar
End of Life Care for Those with a Severe Mental Illness – Does it Exist?
Presenter: Gary R. Hawkins, Executive Director of the Greater Reading Mental Health Alliance
Over the last decade, America’s health care systems are being challenged to incorporate end of life care planning into their service delivery systems to assure that persons receive compassionate and individualized care. Has the system succeeded? The individual and their “Institutional Families” will tell you no. Thirty six percent of homeless personas with a severe mental illness will receive no end of life care. Nineteen percent of those homeless are over the age of 65. This presentation considers solutions to balance the harms and what is being done today to embrace this void in our service delivery system.
When: Thursday, October 1, 2015
Time: 7:45 – 8:45 am
Where: The McGlinn Conference Center
460 St. Bernadine St., Reading, PA 19607
These monthly seminars are open to the public and free to attend.
Light Refreshments Will Be Available.
Refreshments sponsored by:
Download and post flyer here.
2015 Annual Excellence Award
The Circle of Life Coalition presented our Fifth Annual Excellence Award to Joyce Christman, Chaplain and her employer, Adventist WholeHealth Network. This award is given to those who have gone beyond the call of duty in their support of the Coalition. Adventist WholeHealth Network has supported our mission and has been allowing us to host our board meetings in their welcoming meeting space. Joyce had chaired our Conference Committee and coordinated a truly remarkable Annual Conference for the COLC. The administrative staff of Adventist WholeHealth Network assisted with many clerical duties related to our Annual Conference. The Coalition thanks Adventist WholeHealth Network and Joyce for their continued support and we proudly give them this award as our symbol of appreciation.
Keep up to date by making sure you have registered your e-mail with us at the box above and to the right. We will never share your e-mail with anyone.
Want To Become A Part Of The Coalition? Join one of our Committees. Whether you’ve got a few hours a month or more, we would love to have you become a part of the Circle of Life Coalition. Learn more by reviewing our individual Committee’s by clicking here or e-mail Margaret Gore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donate to the Coalition: The Circle of Life Coalition welcomes donations to help continue our mission to the community and health care professionals. All donations are tax deductible. Within 2 weeks you will receive a letter from the Coalition indicating your tax deductible status for your tax return. Make a donation today by clicking on the donate button.
Media Coverage – Since January of 2009, the Reading Eagle has published reviews of our monthly seminars and conferences over 17 times. We would like to thank them for their continued support of the Coalition.
1. Seeking Death with Dignity – March 16, 2015 - Click here to read the article.
2. Carolyn Quinn – Music For The Journey – January 29, 2013 – Click here to read the article.
3. Rev. David Duquette – A Blue Christmas – December 22, 2012 – Click here to read the article.
5. Dr. Edward Hanna – Mediation for family disagreements that stem from end-of-life issues – February 19, 2012 – Click here to read the article.
6. Barb Bieber – Cancer Challenges and Resources – August Seminar 2011 Click here to read the article.
7. State Of The Coalition – A review of the Coalition’s success and future plans – June 2, 2011 – Click here to read the article.
8. Rev. Joyce Christman – Loss of A Baby – May Seminar 2011 – Click here to read the article.
9. Dr. Edward B. Michalik – Suicide Prevention – March Seminar 2011 – Click here to read the article.
10. Gary R. Hawkins – Technology/Society/Suicide – March 2011 -Eagle Reporter Mary Young – Click here.
11. Jamal Abodalo – From Keening to Quiet Acceptance, Cultural Reactions to Death Vary Greatly – November Conference 2010 - Click here to read the article.
12. Janet A. Hivner/Jay Harris – Organ Donation & You – October Seminar 2010 – Click here to read the article.
13. Lilly Tryon – Berks Parish Nurses In Our Community – April Seminar 2010 – Click here to read the article.
14. Rev. Dr. Gregory Stoddard – Palpable Power of Presence – February Seminar 2010 – Click here to read the article.
15. Dr. Daniel B. Kimball – Universal Healthcare – January Seminar 2010 – Click here to read the article.
16. Domer Leibensperger – Ashes to Ashes – Cremations On The Rise – May Seminar 2009 – Click here to read the article.
17. Dr. Henriette Alban – Near Death Experiences – February Seminar 2012 – Read the article by clicking here.
18. Caroline Baker – The History of Black Funerals – January Seminar 2009 – Click here to read the article.
Archives – Click here for archives for all of the Circle of Life Coalition TV Program.