Welcome To The Circle Of Life Coalition
The Circle Of Life Coalition educates the community
and professionals on all aspects of end of life care
We Proudly Present Our 2014 Annual Conference
Forgiveness and Mindfulness: Powerful Tools For Healing,
Resilience & Self-Care.
Friday, November 7th, 2014
at the McGlinn Conference Center in Reading.
Register online or by mail by clicking here to go to the Conference page.
We would like to thank County Meadows for being our
2014 Presenting Sponsor of the Conference.
Community Education Series
Wednesday, September 24, 2014
6:00 – 8:00pm
The McGlinn Conference Center
460 St. Bernardine Street, Reading, PA 19607
Using Validation for Dementia
Join Marie Amoroso, Associate Executive Director at Country Meadows,
as she discusses the technique of validation as an option for those
suffering from dementia. She will explain why to use validation as
well as how to use it.
Registration is encouraged by September 22nd to: email@example.com
Light refreshments will be served.
Open to the Public and Free to Attend.
Music for the Journey Home
Presenter: Cass Jendzurski
Founder & Coordinator of Songs for the Journey
Join us for an informative presentation led by Cass Jendzurski as she provides us with the specifics of what end-of-life music should be. Not all music is created equal for this purpose. She will discuss the ministry of Songs for the Journey, a volunteer music ministry to those who are actively dying in Lancaster County. She will also explain the role of “the volunteer” in providing end-of-life music.
When: Thursday, October 2, 2014
Time: 7:45 – 8:45 am
Where: The McGlinn Conference Center
460 St. Bernadine St., Reading, PA 19607
These monthly seminars are open to the public and free to attend.
Light Refreshments Will Be Available.
2014 Annual Excellence Award
The Circle of Life Coalition presented our Fourth Annual Excellence Award to Sister Shaun Kathleen Wilson, OSF of the Bernardine Franciscan Sisters. This award is given to those who have gone beyond the call of duty in their support of the Coalition. Sister Shawn has supported our mission since we began having our Conference and Seminars at their beautiful facility in 2007. Sister Shawn is always there for us willing to do anything to help us make it work. Her humor is infectious and her support is unwavering. The Coalition thanks Sister Shawn for her many years of service and we proudly give her this award as our symbol of appreciation.
Keep up to date by making sure you have registered your e-mail with us at the box above and to the right. We will never share your e-mail with anyone.
Want To Become A Part Of The Coalition? Join one of our Committees. Whether you’ve got a few hours a month or more, we would love to have you become a part of the Circle of Life Coalition. Learn more by reviewing our individual Committee’s by clicking here or e-mail Margaret Gore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donate to the Coalition: The Circle of Life Coalition welcomes donations to help continue our mission to the community and health care professionals. All donations are tax deductible. Within 2 weeks you will receive a letter from the Coalition indicating your tax deductible status for your tax return. Make a donation today by clicking on the donate button.
Media Coverage – Since January of 2009, the Reading Eagle has published reviews of our monthly seminars and conferences over 17 times. We would like to thank them for their continued support of the Coalition.
1. Carolyn Quinn – Music For The Journey – January 29, 2013 – Click here to read the article.
2. Rev. David Duquette – A Blue Christmas – December 22, 2012 – Click here to read the article.
4. Dr. Edward Hanna – Mediation for family disagreements that stem from end-of-life issues – February 19, 2012 – Click here to read the article.
5. Barb Bieber – Cancer Challenges and Resources – August Seminar 2011 Click here to read the article.
6. State Of The Coalition – A review of the Coalition’s success and future plans – June 2, 2011 – Click here to read the article.
7. Rev. Joyce Christman – Loss of A Baby – May Seminar 2011 – Click here to read the article.
8. Dr. Edward B. Michalik – Suicide Prevention – March Seminar 2011 – Click here to read the article.
9. Gary R. Hawkins – Technology/Society/Suicide – March 2011 -Eagle Reporter Mary Young – Click here.
10. Jamal Abodalo – From Keening to Quiet Acceptance, Cultural Reactions to Death Vary Greatly – November Conference 2010 - Click here to read the article.
11. Janet A. Hivner/Jay Harris – Organ Donation & You – October Seminar 2010 – Click here to read the article.
12. Lilly Tryon – Berks Parish Nurses In Our Community – April Seminar 2010 – Click here to read the article.
13. Rev. Dr. Gregory Stoddard – Palpable Power of Presence – February Seminar 2010 – Click here to read the article.
14. Dr. Daniel B. Kimball – Universal Healthcare – January Seminar 2010 – Click here to read the article.
15. Domer Leibensperger – Ashes to Ashes – Cremations On The Rise – May Seminar 2009 – Click here to read the article.
16. Dr. Henriette Alban – Near Death Experiences – February Seminar 2012 – Read the article by clicking here.
17. Caroline Baker – The History of Black Funerals – January Seminar 2009 – Click here to read the article.
Archives – Click here for archives for all of the Circle of Life Coalition TV Program.