Welcome To The Circle Of Life Coalition
The Circle Of Life Coalition educates the community
and professionals on all aspects of end of life care
2014 Annual Conference
Information about our 2014 Annual Conference will be posted here shortly.
The title is “Forgiveness and Mindfulness: Powerful Tools For Healing,
Resilience & Self-Care”. It will take place on Friday, November 7th, 2014
at the McGlinn Conference Center in Reading. Keep checking back daily
to learn more and to register by mail or online.
THE CIRCLE OF LIFE COALITION PRESENTS OUR SEPTEMBER SEMINAR
Adult/Older Adult Protective Services
Thursday, 7:45 a.m to 8:45 a.m. September 4th, 2014
McGlinn Conference Center, 460 St. Bernardine Street
Reading, PA 19607-1737
Speaker: Tina Weis
Protective Services Supervisor, Area Agency On Aging
Join us as Tina presents the new regulations surrounding the change in protective services reporting requirements and new regulations that now cover both adults and older adults over 60. Tina will present the requirements of voluntary vs mandatory reports. She will also present the investigation process that is now required. Criteria for adult and Older adult protective services will be discussed. The different types of abuse will be defined. Contact information on where to make a report will also be shared.
Monthly seminars are free and open to the public.
Please plan on joining us on September 4th, 7:45AM to 8:45AM at the McGlinn Conference Center.
These monthly seminars are open to the public and free to attend.
Light refreshments will be available.
2014 Annual Excellence Award
The Circle of Life Coalition presented our Fourth Annual Excellence Award to Sister Shaun Kathleen Wilson, OSF of the Bernardine Franciscan Sisters. This award is given to those who have gone beyond the call of duty in their support of the Coalition. Sister Shawn has supported our mission since we began having our Conference and Seminars at their beautiful facility in 2007. Sister Shawn is always there for us willing to do anything to help us make it work. Her humor is infectious and her support is unwavering. The Coalition thanks Sister Shawn for her many years of service and we proudly give her this award as our symbol of appreciation.
Keep up to date by making sure you have registered your e-mail with us at the box above and to the right. We will never share your e-mail with anyone.
Want To Become A Part Of The Coalition? Join one of our Committees. Whether you’ve got a few hours a month or more, we would love to have you become a part of the Circle of Life Coalition. Learn more by reviewing our individual Committee’s by clicking here or e-mail Margaret Gore at email@example.com.
Donate to the Coalition: The Circle of Life Coalition welcomes donations to help continue our mission to the community and health care professionals. All donations are tax deductible. Within 2 weeks you will receive a letter from the Coalition indicating your tax deductible status for your tax return. Make a donation today by clicking on the donate button.
Media Coverage – Since January of 2009, the Reading Eagle has published reviews of our monthly seminars and conferences over 17 times. We would like to thank them for their continued support of the Coalition.
1. Carolyn Quinn – Music For The Journey – January 29, 2013 – Click here to read the article.
2. Rev. David Duquette – A Blue Christmas – December 22, 2012 – Click here to read the article.
4. Dr. Edward Hanna – Mediation for family disagreements that stem from end-of-life issues – February 19, 2012 – Click here to read the article.
5. Barb Bieber – Cancer Challenges and Resources – August Seminar 2011 Click here to read the article.
6. State Of The Coalition – A review of the Coalition’s success and future plans – June 2, 2011 – Click here to read the article.
7. Rev. Joyce Christman – Loss of A Baby – May Seminar 2011 – Click here to read the article.
8. Dr. Edward B. Michalik – Suicide Prevention – March Seminar 2011 – Click here to read the article.
9. Gary R. Hawkins – Technology/Society/Suicide – March 2011 -Eagle Reporter Mary Young – Click here.
10. Jamal Abodalo – From Keening to Quiet Acceptance, Cultural Reactions to Death Vary Greatly – November Conference 2010 - Click here to read the article.
11. Janet A. Hivner/Jay Harris – Organ Donation & You – October Seminar 2010 – Click here to read the article.
12. Lilly Tryon – Berks Parish Nurses In Our Community – April Seminar 2010 – Click here to read the article.
13. Rev. Dr. Gregory Stoddard – Palpable Power of Presence – February Seminar 2010 – Click here to read the article.
14. Dr. Daniel B. Kimball – Universal Healthcare – January Seminar 2010 – Click here to read the article.
15. Domer Leibensperger – Ashes to Ashes – Cremations On The Rise – May Seminar 2009 – Click here to read the article.
16. Dr. Henriette Alban – Near Death Experiences – February Seminar 2012 – Read the article by clicking here.
17. Caroline Baker – The History of Black Funerals – January Seminar 2009 – Click here to read the article.
Archives – Click here for archives for all of the Circle of Life Coalition TV Program.