Welcome To The Circle Of Life Coalition
March 2017 Seminar
Later in Life Transitions & How They are Influenced by the American Culture Today
Presented by: Mary Clark of Transition Connections
Join us as we learn about common transitions and changes older adults face in life including social activities, moving/aging-in-place, and relationships with family members. We will also share information from organizations who are revolutionizing how we view aging in America, and how the cultural norms influence our transitions as we age.
Thursday, March 2, 2017
8:15 – 9:15 am
The McGlinn Conference and Spirituality Center
460 St. Bernardine St. Reading, PA 19607
Click here to download the flyer.
Keep up to date by making sure you have registered your e-mail with us at the box above and to the right. We will never share your e-mail with anyone.
Want To Become A Part Of The Coalition? Join one of our Committees. Whether you’ve got a few hours a month or more, we would love to have you become a part of the Circle of Life Coalition. Learn more by reviewing our individual Committee’s by clicking here or e-mail Margaret Gore at email@example.com.
Donate to the Coalition: The Circle of Life Coalition welcomes donations to help continue our mission to the community and health care professionals. All donations are tax deductible. Within 2 weeks you will receive a letter from the Coalition indicating your tax deductible status for your tax return. Make a donation today by clicking on the donate button.
Media Coverage – Since January of 2009, the Reading Eagle has published reviews of our monthly seminars and conferences over 17 times. We would like to thank them for their continued support of the Coalition.
1. Specialist in Palliative Medicine Talks about Easing Suffering – January 24, 2017 – Click here to read the article
2. Seeking Evolution in Treatment for Addiction - April 6, 2016 – Click here to read the article.
3. Seeking Death with Dignity – March 16, 2015 - Click here to read the article.
4. Carolyn Quinn – Music For The Journey – January 29, 2013 – Click here to read the article.
5. Rev. David Duquette – A Blue Christmas – December 22, 2012 – Click here to read the article.
7. Dr. Edward Hanna – Mediation for family disagreements that stem from end-of-life issues – February 19, 2012 – Click here to read the article.
8. Barb Bieber – Cancer Challenges and Resources – August Seminar 2011 Click here to read the article.
9. State Of The Coalition – A review of the Coalition’s success and future plans – June 2, 2011 – Click here to read the article.
10. Rev. Joyce Christman – Loss of A Baby – May Seminar 2011 – Click here to read the article.
11. Dr. Edward B. Michalik – Suicide Prevention – March Seminar 2011 – Click here to read the article.
12. Gary R. Hawkins – Technology/Society/Suicide – March 2011 -Eagle Reporter Mary Young – Click here.
13. Jamal Abodalo – From Keening to Quiet Acceptance, Cultural Reactions to Death Vary Greatly – November Conference 2010 - Click here to read the article.
14. Janet A. Hivner/Jay Harris – Organ Donation & You – October Seminar 2010 – Click here to read the article.
15. Lilly Tryon – Berks Parish Nurses In Our Community – April Seminar 2010 – Click here to read the article.
16. Rev. Dr. Gregory Stoddard – Palpable Power of Presence – February Seminar 2010 – Click here to read the article.
17. Dr. Daniel B. Kimball – Universal Healthcare – January Seminar 2010 – Click here to read the article.
18. Domer Leibensperger – Ashes to Ashes – Cremations On The Rise – May Seminar 2009 – Click here to read the article.
19. Dr. Henriette Alban – Near Death Experiences – February Seminar 2012 – Read the article by clicking here.
20. Caroline Baker – The History of Black Funerals – January Seminar 2009 – Click here to read the article.