Welcome To The Circle Of Life Coalition
The Circle Of Life Coalition educates the community
and professionals on all aspects of end of life care
April 2014 Monthly Seminar
Financial Planning for the Second Half of Life
Long-Term Care–a Common Challenge
Presenter: Gale Withers, Perennial Financial
Join us for an informative presentation led by Gale Withers as she provides us with an understanding of what long-term care encompasses. Additionally, she will present financial strategies to cover long-term or chronic care costs as well as the impacts of long-term care that go beyond the dollars.
When: Thursday, April 3, 2014
Time: 7:45AM to 8:45AM
Where: The McGlinn Conference Center
460 St. Bernadine St., Reading, PA 19607
Download flyer here.
To register online, click here. These monthly seminars are open to the public and free to attend.
Light refreshments will be available.
Monthly Sponsor: Green Hills Manor at the Heritage
2014 Sweet Street Dessert Truck Sale
Mother’s Day Weekend 2014
Saturday, May 10th and Sunday, May 11th
9am to 6pm
Lowes Parking Lot (Shillington Road and Route 724)
Download flyer here to see what desserts we will be selling!
2013 Annual Excellence Award
The Circle of Life Coalition presented our annual Excellence Award to Berks Community Television (BCTV). Gerry McGinnis, Program Director for BCTV accepted the third annual award given to those who have gone beyond the call of duty in their support of the Coalition. BCTV allows us to have our monthly TV program focusing on our mission statement and how we fulfill it. On behalf of the Circle Of Life Coalition, we thank BCTV for their many years of service and proudly give them this award as a symbol of our appreciation.
Keep up to date by making sure you have registered your e-mail with us at the box above and to the right. We will never share your e-mail with anyone.
Want To Become A Part Of The Coalition? Join one of our Committees. Whether you’ve got a few hours a month or more, we would love to have you become a part of the Circle of Life Coalition. Learn more by reviewing our individual Committee’s by clicking here or e-mail Margaret Gore at email@example.com.
Donate to the Coalition: The Circle of Life Coalition welcomes donations to help continue our mission to the community and health care professionals. All donations are tax deductible. Within 2 weeks you will receive a letter from the Coalition indicating your tax deductible status for your tax return. Make a donation today by clicking on the donate button.
Media Coverage – Since January of 2009, the Reading Eagle has published reviews of our monthly seminars and conferences over 17 times. We would like to thank them for their continued support of the Coalition.
1. Carolyn Quinn – Music For The Journey – January 29, 2013 – Click here to read the article.
2. Rev. David Duquette – A Blue Christmas – December 22, 2012 – Click here to read the article.
4. Dr. Edward Hanna – Mediation for family disagreements that stem from end-of-life issues – February 19, 2012 – Click here to read the article.
5. Barb Bieber – Cancer Challenges and Resources – August Seminar 2011 Click here to read the article.
6. State Of The Coalition – A review of the Coalition’s success and future plans – June 2, 2011 – Click here to read the article.
7. Rev. Joyce Christman – Loss of A Baby – May Seminar 2011 – Click here to read the article.
8. Dr. Edward B. Michalik – Suicide Prevention – March Seminar 2011 – Click here to read the article.
9. Gary R. Hawkins – Technology/Society/Suicide – March 2011 -Eagle Reporter Mary Young – Click here.
10. Jamal Abodalo – From Keening to Quiet Acceptance, Cultural Reactions to Death Vary Greatly – November Conference 2010 - Click here to read the article.
11. Janet A. Hivner/Jay Harris – Organ Donation & You – October Seminar 2010 – Click here to read the article.
12. Lilly Tryon – Berks Parish Nurses In Our Community – April Seminar 2010 – Click here to read the article.
13. Rev. Dr. Gregory Stoddard – Palpable Power of Presence – February Seminar 2010 – Click here to read the article.
14. Dr. Daniel B. Kimball – Universal Healthcare – January Seminar 2010 – Click here to read the article.
15. Domer Leibensperger – Ashes to Ashes – Cremations On The Rise – May Seminar 2009 – Click here to read the article.
16. Dr. Henriette Alban – Near Death Experiences – February Seminar 2012 – Read the article by clicking here.
17. Caroline Baker – The History of Black Funerals – January Seminar 2009 – Click here to read the article.
Archives – Click here for archives for all of the Circle of Life Coalition TV Program.